1910 Marchant House
The GCHV Foundation purchased the Marchant House from the Marchant Family in 2014. The Foundation has been restoring the house to its early Victorian glory in phases. As of the Fall of 2022, the exterior is almost complete and work is starting on the inside.
1900 Youtz Carriage House
In 2022, the Youtz Carriage House was gifted to the GCHV Foundation by the current owners of the property at 117 N 1st Street. The brick home at this location was built by the Youtz Family in 1913 and was used as both a residence and a store for the Youtz Millinery. The carriage house will be relocated to the GCHV and placed behind the Marchant Home.
The Butterfly Garden around the Teale Gazebo has been an ongoing project for many years but 2023 is the year we finally complete this project.
Museum Building Exterior Improvements
The Museum Building was built as the original workshop for the Guthrie County Conservation and is basically a garage that has been turned into a Museum. It's way past time that we pay some attention to this building and improve its appearance both inside and out.